“A truly strong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep” – Vernon Howard
You are always seeking approval of others instead of following your own path to success and believing in your powers and potential. When you are so so much trying to please everybody, you are going lose your own pleasure in the near future. Listen. This is your life, right? So you should live it on your own. You are in charge of your own destiny.
Successful people reserve other successful people for pieces of advice and consulting. But again, they dont always follow their advices as they know that they have to believe in them to make their thinking a success. They make sure to consider the opinions of someone who has a solid experience of success.
The Realities Behind Seeking Approvals of Others:
You can never ever please everybody
No matter how long you go on struggling for making other people happy, you will not be pleasing them everybody. You are going to end up in this doing. Winston Chirchill once said that if you have got enemies, it means that you have stood up for something in your life. Otherwise? You have not still held any kinda control over your life.
Pleasing everybody does not please you
“You are not less or more of a person based on how many people like and approve of you” is worth-quoting quote. You cannot be liked by everybody, right? So you cannot be pleasing everybody. If you go on making them happy, you will not be able to live your own life. And hence you cannot be happy at doing the things which are related to others only.
You cannot control what other people think of you
You can never ever control what other people think of you because there’re more people you can imagine and human mind is not like a machine which can follow 1000s of people’s advice around. There’re as many thoughts available to follow as number of people on this planet. You cannot chang their thougts according to yours. Accept thi reality.
Approval of other is time and energy killer
“Criticism is something you can easily avoid by saying nothing, doing nothing, being nothing” – Aristotle
If you seek approval of others, this will save you from focusing your energy and time to the point which is meaningful to you. Everyperson in this universe might be diverting your attention from where you should focus on. It takes a lot of your time and that can be used to do the things which really mean a lot. Everytime you spend time thinking about what other people think of you, not only you are wasting your time, you are also wasting your energy.
“The need of approval of others kills freedom” – Sacha Crouch at TinyBudha.Com
Approval Seeking Behaviors by Carthage
- Changing or softening your position because someone appears to disapprove
- Paying insincere compliments to gain approval
- Feeling upset, worried, or insulted when someone disagrees with you
- Expressing agreement (verbally or non-verbally) when you do not agree
- Doing something which you do not want to do because you are afraid to say ‘No’
- Failing to complain when you have received poor service or a product not fit for purpose
- Spreading bad news and gossip to gain attention
- Asking permission when it is not required
- Consistently apologising for your words and deeds whether others have expressed disapproval or not e.g. ‘I’m sorry but..’
- Pretending to be knowledgeable or an authority on a subject because you are afraid to admit that there is something you do not know.
- Attempting to coax people into paying you compliments and/or getting upset when they fail to do so.
- Behaving in a non-conforming manner in order to draw attention to yourself.
- Any behaviour which is contrary to your identity and purpose, or conflicts with your core beliefs, is generally done to gain the approval of someone else.
LastWord: Add your wisdom to this post in the comments below or share this to your loved-ones. Cheers!